Looking for a super easy recipe to make for your kids? a dirt cake with gummy worms is so easy you can make it WITH your kids. Its perfect for a party. Ministryofhemp
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce package) of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages of instant vanilla pudding
3 1/2 cups of milk
1 (12 ounce) container of whipped topping (cool whip type)
32 ounces of chocolate sandwich cookies (oreo type: I use the kind with chocolate filling)
1 cup gummy worms
1/2 cup candy coated chocolate rocks (they have at Walmart)
1. Chop cookies very fine in a food processor or blender
2. Mix butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl.
3. Make pudding per directions, sit aside for a few minutes.
4. Add whipped topping and pudding to cream cheese mixture, mix well.
5. Layer chocolate cookies then cream cheese/pudding mixture in serving dish. Start and end with cookie layer.
6. Add candy rocks and gummy worms to top.
7. Chill until ready to serve.
You can often find kids plastic play wheel barrel and plastic shovel in the sand toys section of your local Wally World and used that to serve it. This makes a perfect serving piece for the dirt cake. It makes enough for 10-12 kids. Or you can half the recipe. Or on the flip side, you can double the recipe to make a bigger version for a larger event like a birthday party.